This mix pulls you in with some club appeal and beats, before revealing its true nature; it’s not really club music, because I don’t know if this type of music really appeals to your paying, club-going type. And that’s a shame. I’d probably go out a lot more often if there were clubs playing something more like this.
Download: Ersatz Club Mix (mocked up by mahmoud)
(mp3, VBR ~240kbps, 103MB, 58:30 running time)
Here it is, my first laptop-created mix. I started getting into Ableton a while back, but that dwindled, like most things, because of school. Anyway, this thing took forever to put together, but I’m pretty happy with the result. I’ll be revisiting the tables if I can’t get a better hold on the workflow. But damn if some of the mixes didn’t come out polished as hell.
Still, listening to the mix I sort of get the feeling that I’m showcasing music and not building a mood. I’ve got to put some more work into that. Practicepracticepractice.
Notes inlined in the tracklisting. This mix goes out to Alan for his birthday. I’m not sure why I picked this picture for the cover art. I’ve got to start putting more thought into that, too.
- Loose Shus – Taurus (Keenhouse Remix)
32 measure mix, smooth as eff.
- Guy Gerber and Shlomi Aber - After Love
- Towa Tei – Risk Some Soul (feat. Luomo)
- In Flagranti – Business Acumen (Arveene & Misk’s Business Acid Remix)
- Flight of the Conchords – I Like to Rock the Party
An excellent transition considering it was like a 30 second clip I ripped.
- Gramophonedzie – Why Don’t You?
- Afronaught – Transcend Me
- Chicago – I’m a Man
I felt compelled to put this in. The transition in felt nice, but it was hard as hell to get out of.
- The Gorillaz – Dare (Chab Radio Edit)
- Madita – Better Brother (Dbn Remix)
- Muscles – Sweaty (Shazam Remix)
Sadly this remix is the only good Muscles song, if you ask me, due to the female vocals. Muscles is all-male vocals and the unremixed song just kind of makes me feel uncomfortable.
- Mylo – Drop the Pressure
Damn I love this song
- UNKLE - Reign (feat. Ian Brown)
I got some requests for more recognizable music (I know right?! ;P). DARE, this one, and LCD Soundsystem all better count toward that.
- LCD Soundsystem – Tribulations
- Kings Go Forth – One Day
This song is way faster than it sounds. I kind of mangled Tribulations to get up to 141 bpm.