Evening, all. I’ve got a new mix, brought to you by a deep, deep desire to relax and enjoy a weekend. Of course, I’ve probably got an hour or two of work I have to shoehorn in between now and then. Luckily this mix works for that, too.
Pretty much a solid downtempo mix, not too many surprises. I’ve got the new Gorillaz in there, and only one cover. Beyond that, you’re listening to what’s been keeping my focus company. And for album art, semi-formal attire. A leisurely suit, if you would.
Download: Pleisure (portmanteau’d by mahmoud)
(mp3, VBR ~193kbps, 90MB, 1:05:18 running time, avg. 93 bpm)
- Del Close & John Brent – (sample)
- Velours Perfect - Indian Cowboys
- Animals on Wheels – Loath
- Little Dragon – A New
- Maserati – Cities (Assembly Mix)
- Saru - Subterra
- Felix Laband - Step Two
- Calm – Light Years
- Gorillaz – Plastic Beach
Total coincidence: Last mix had a Gorillaz track at #9, as well.
- Ticon - On the Rocks
- Caribou - Pelican Narrows
- Kruder & Dorfmeister - High Noon
I can’t help but feel that no downtempo mix is complete without some K&D.
- Cut Chemist - The Garden
- The Lushlife Project – Soul Reservation
- DJ Krush (feat. Toshinori Kondo) – Mu-Chu
- Alpha - My Things
- Minimatic - Take On Me (feat. Juliette P.)
Pretty cute way to outtro, I felt.