An upbeat mix this time. I happened upon a couple of really catchy indie rock dance remixes and did my best to combine them with the techno classics that I had been rewinding through. There are a couple really strong mixes in there. I was pretty pleased with what was basically my first original remix, Lykke Li’s Little Bit combined with New Order’s Jetstream Lover.
(mp3, VBR ~218kbps, 105MB, 1:07:24 running time, avg. 125 bpm)
- Seksu Roba – Hesitation
A throwback for me, Seksu Roba is a high school relic, and an awesome one at that. Theremin dance music, ftw.
- Claude VonStroke - Who’s Afraid of Detroit
- Femme en Fourrure – Plump Biscuit
- Canyons – Apples & Pears
- Lykke Li – Little Bit
Check out how this mixes with the next track.
- New Order feat. Ana Matronic - Jetstream Lover (Tom Neville remix)
The non-remixed version of this is a surprisingly timeless classic. Maybe I’m in the wrong circles, but I’d say it’s underrated.
- Flairs - Trucker’s Delight
- Pantha du Prince - Satellite Snyper
- Joakim - I Wish You Were Gone (+ JK Dub)
- Boyz Noise - Feel Good (TV = off) (Shinichi Osawa edit)
- Basement Jaxx – Rendez-Vu
- Uriel - World of Love (Salman and Nir Azilov Remix)
- Digitalism - Pogo
- Rubies – Stand in a Line (Shinichi Osawa remix)
In general Shinichi Osawa deserves more airtime. The Rubies original track is pretty good, too, despite not being dance music.
- Kisses – The Heart of the Nightlife
- Cut Copy - Far Away
- As One - Rumours
- TV on the Radio - Red Dress
- Hudson Mohawke - Overnight
- Oki Dub Ainu Band – East of Kunashiri
Seriously had about 4-5 DnB tracks after this, but I figured you had partied enough, and the CD would be running out of time by now.